As the holiday season approaches, many buyers and sellers believe that the Hudson County condo market has started slowing down. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth! Low interest rates and increased buyer demand have caused sales to skyrocket, which means moving now could be the smartest financial decision you ever make.
Did you miss out on our last blog post? If so, here are a few market stats you should know: the average sales value in Hoboken for September 2020 decreased by 7.0% since last year, which puts it at $804,453. In Jersey City, the average sales value for September 2020 decreased by a mere 1.2% since last year, which now makes it $760,206.
Now that you’ve seen the latest market stats, let’s take a look at September’s condo roundup.
September’s Condo Roundup for Hudson County
Hoboken: 1100 Maxwell Lane Unit 713, Maxwell Place
Sold for $2,175,000 on 9/25/20. ($1,088/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1,999 sq. ft.
- Amenities: 24-hour concierge, two gyms, landscaped roof gardens, private commuter shuttle
- Chef’s kitchen with quartz counters and custom espresso cabinets
- Oversized patio with gas, water, and electric connections
- Space for a home office
Downtown Jersey City: 2 2nd Street, Unit 2603, Crystal Point
Sold for $1,690,000 on 9/30/2020. ($1,231/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1,373 sq. ft.
- Amenities: 24-hour concierge, pool and spa, fitness room, outdoor deck
- New York City and riverfront views
- Modern kitchen with Pedini cabinets, glass accents, and quartz counters
- Oversized master suite with ample storage space
Weehawken: 9 Henley Place, Henley on Hudson
Sold for $2,255,000 on 9/14/2020. ($778/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 3 half bathrooms, 2,900 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Private elevator, onsite outdoor heated pool, community lounge
- Gourmet eat-in kitchen with Viking appliances and terrace access
- Master suite with New York City views
- Balcony on fourth floor
Journal Square – Jersey City: 936 Pavonia Avenue Unit 4A
Sold for $699,000 on 9/23/20. ($670/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,044 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Deeded parking space, 24/7 video security system, Verizon Fios internet connection
- Five-year tax abatement and 10-year new construction warranty
- Custom-designed kitchen with breakfast bar and Calacatta Rio quartz countertops
- Master suite with Kohler Awaken Hyrdorail shower
West New York: 9 Avenue at Port Imperial Unit 325, Nine on the Hudson
Sold for $612,000 on 9/25/2020. ($760/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 805 sq. ft.
- Amenities: 24/7 concierge and doorman, fitness center, rooftop deck
- Oak flooring throughout
- Large kitchen with Pedini cabinets and Aspen quartz countertops
- In-unit laundry
Bergen Lafayette – 455 Rose Avenue
Sold for $425,000 on 9/4/2020. ($278/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1,530 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Patio, private deck, residents-only parking
- Corner unit
- Hardwood flooring throughout
- Open-concept floorplan with large kitchen and master suite
Union City: 215 – 217 Manhattan Avenue Unit 5A
Sold for $817,000 on 9/17/2020. ($482/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,696 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Elevator, two-car deeded garage, large balcony
- Penthouse unit
- Brazilian cherry hardwood flooring
- Floor-to-ceiling Pella windows
North Bergen: 8100 River Road Unit 810, The Watermark
Sold for $520,000 on 9/1/2020. ($410/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,269 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Private commuter shuttle, indoor and outdoor pools, health club
- Hardwood floors throughout living room
- Well-appointed kitchen with Kitchen Aid appliances
- Master suite with glass enclosed shower and soaking tub
Guttenberg: 35 Lydia Drive, Bulls Ferry
Sold for $980,000 on 9/28/2020. ($467/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2,100 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Two-car parking, two pools, waterfront promenade
- Designer kitchen with upgraded cabinets and granite counters
- Sumptuous master suite and walk-in closet
- Fully upgraded garage with rubberized floors and shelving
Jersey City Heights: 140 South Street Unit 2
Sold for $819,000 on 9/17/2020. ($559/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,465 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Smart home technology, in-unit laundry, two-car garage parking spots
- Rooftop deck with panoramic New York City views
- Open-concept floorplan with chef’s kitchen and dedicated home office
- Master suite with balcony
Greenville – Jersey City: 11 Halfmoon Isle TH11
Sold for $935,000 on 9/28/2020. ($346/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 2,705 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Boat dock, 24-hour gated security, exterior maintenance
- Gourmet kitchen with Thermador and Miele appliances
- Multiple balconies
- Waterfront patio
West Bergen – Jersey City: 9 Fir Road
Sold for $550,000 on 9/1/2020. ($277/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 1,988 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Outdoor deck, large backyard, garage
- High ceilings
- Newly renovated kitchen and bathrooms
- Private tree-lined street
Bayonne: 22 Columbus Circle
Sold for $410,000 on 9/29/2020. ($222/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 1,851 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Garage parking, driveway parking, two-zone heat and AC
- End unit
- Custom kitchen with granite counters and Bosch appliances
- Hardwood and tile flooring throughout
Secaucus: 28 Creekstone Court
Sold for $610,000 on 9/18/2020. ($257/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 half bathrooms, 2,369 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Recreation center, rear patio with grilling area, close to town pool
- Hardwood flooring throughout
- Private balcony with New York City views
- Master suite with luxury soaking tub and walk-in closet
Edgewater: 5 Annette Avenue
Sold for $1,582,500 on 9/10/2020. ($222/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms
- Amenities: Whole-house generator, spa room, sprinkler
- Metal roof with lifetime warranty
- Anderson Series 400 windows throughout
- Circular driveway with multi-car garage
Data Source: Hudson County Multiple Listing Service
Now Is the Time to Buy or Sell in Hudson County
Did any of these condos catch your eye? While they may not be on the market anymore, you can still use our handy search tool and custom condo guides to track down a unit that suits your needs. The Living on the Hudson Team also provides personalized selling selling advice, the latest sales data for Hudson County listings throughout the area, and a comprehensive market analysis to all of our clients. If you ever have any questions about September’s condo roundup, just reach out to us via phone, text, or email.
Want to see your home on next month’s review of Hudson County’s most expensive condos? You can list with us in only a few clicks or get in touch with a member of our team to get started!