Fall isn’t usually the busiest season for real estate in Hudson County. However, pent-up buyer demand and low inventory have caused sales to surge over the last few months. Even amidst a pandemic and recession, it’s still a top-notch time to make a move in Northern New Jersey!
Did you miss out on our last blog post? If so, here are a few market stats you should know: the average sales value in Hoboken for August 2020 decreased by 5.5% since last year, which puts it at $811,480. In Jersey City, the average sales value for August 2020 decreased by a mere 1.1% since last year, which now makes it $762,859.
Now that you’ve seen the latest market stats, let’s explore August’s most expensive condos.
Top-Selling Condos in Hudson County for August 2020
Hoboken: 306 Park Avenue Unit 3
Sold for $2,030,000 on 8/10/20. ($902/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2,250 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Private rooftop deck, outdoor kitchen, deeded storage
- White oak herringbone floors
- Gourmet kitchen with Wolf and Sub Zero appliances
- Multi-zone SONOS sound system with built-in speakers
Downtown Jersey City: 88 Morgan Street Unit PH 3-4, Trump Plaza
Sold for $1,525,000 on 8/31/2020. ($1,017/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,500 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Grotto spa with jacuzzi, business center, 24-hour doorman
- Completely renovated
- Massive master suite with built-in biometric safe
- Breathtaking NYC views
Weehawken: 10 Regency Place, Brownstones at Port Imperial
Sold for $2,290,000 on 8/28/2020. ($664/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 half bathrooms, 3,450 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Private elevator, laundry room, garage
- Covered veranda with two balconies
- East-facing master suite
- Top floor with guest space
Journal Square – Jersey City: 4 Beacon Way Unit 1509, The Beacon
Sold for $455,000 on 8/24/20. ($332/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,371 sq. ft.
- Amenities: 24-hour concierge, shuttle to the PATH, outdoor patio
- High ceilings
- Open kitchen with pantry and custom backsplash
- Master bedroom with walk-in closet
West New York: 496 Fulton Court, Jacobs Ferry
Sold for $1,856,000 on 8/27/2020. ($662/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 half bathrooms, 1,805 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Two-car parking, multiple pools, waterfront promenade
- Southeast-facing corner unit
- Portuguese Fernandina Beach wide-plank hickory flooring
- Brand-new Anderson winows
Bergen Lafayette – 300 Communipaw Avenue Unit 307
Sold for $592,500 on 8/20/2020. ($474/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 1,250 sq. ft.
- Amenities: In-unit washer and dryer, unobstructed NYC views, close to shopping and dining
- New construction
- Stainless steel appliances and granite countertops
- Hardwood flooring throughout
Union City: 209 Manhattan Avenue Unit C
Sold for $960,000 on 8/3/2020. ($443/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2,168 sq. ft.
- Amenities: In-unit laundry, private rooftop deck, living room terrace
- New construction duplex penthouse
- Easy commute to the Light Rail
- Modern kitchen with high-end finishes
North Bergen: 7855 Boulevard East Unit 20E
Sold for $410,000 on 8/28/2020. ($447/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 918 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Private balcony, garage parking, pool and fitness center
- Chef-style kitchen with Poggenpohl under and internally lit cabinets
- Solid oak flooring throughout
- Large balcony overlooking NYC
Guttenberg: 54 Lydia Drive, Bulls Ferry
Sold for $725,000 on 8/24/2020. ($502/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1,444 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Two-car driveway with attached garage, in-unit laundry
- Direct access to the Riverwalk
- Spacious kitchen with plenty of cabinet space
- Hardwood floors throughout
Jersey City Heights: 430 Ogden Avenue Unit 8
Sold for $870,000 on 8/14/2020. ($446/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 half bathrooms, 1,950 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Gated courtyard, private garage, oversized deck
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Eat-in kitchen with sliding glass doors
- Solarium with NYC views
Greenville – Jersey City: 41 Intrepid Place
Sold for $809,000 on 8/25/2020. ($376/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 2,150 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Two pools, fitness center with saunas, canal access
- Garage equipped for electric car charging
- Eat-in kitchen with tons of natural light
- Juliet-style balcony
West Bergen – Jersey City: 3 McMartin Court
Sold for $418,000 on 8/4/2020. ($280/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1,491 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Private balcony, in-unit laundry, multi-car garage
- Modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances
- Master suite with stand-up shower and vaulted ceilings
- Hardwood floors and recessed lighting throughout the second level
Bayonne: 21 Bayside Drive
Sold for $425,000 on 8/31/2020. ($236/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1,800 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Landscaping and outdoor maintenance handled by HOA, in-ground pool, on-site marina
- Corner unit
- Open-air terrace
- Tigerwood flooring
Secaucus: 110 Osprey Court
Sold for $710,000 on 8/20/2020. ($300/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2,369 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Multi-car garage, security system, landscaping included in HOA dues
- Wired for surround sound
- Eat-in kitchen with access to terraces
- Spacious master suite with jetted soaking tub and stand-up shower
Edgewater: 139 Hudson Cove, Hudson Cove
Sold for $1,100,000 on 8/14/2020. ($422/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 2,606 sq. ft.
- Amenities: In-unit washer and dryer, central heating and cooling, multiple indoor garage parking spots
- Oversized main living space with attached dining room
- Ground floor bonus room
- Manhattan views
Data Source: Hudson County Multiple Listing Service
Ready to Make Your Move?
It’s safe to say that the Hudson County condo market has made a full recovery after the events of 2020. So if you’re ready to take your next steps, the Living on the Hudson Team would love to help you make a move.
We’re proud to provide personalized selling selling advice, the latest sales data for Hudson County listings throughout the area, and a comprehensive market analysis to all of our clients. If you ever have any questions, just reach out to us via phone, text, or email.
Want to see your condo on our next round up of Hudson County’s most expensive condos? You can list your home in just a few clicks or get in touch with a member of our team to get started!