If you’re thinking about making a move in northern New Jersey, we have some fantastic news for you. More buyers and sellers entered the Hudson County condo market with a renewed sense of confidence during June. And to top it all off, condo prices in certain neighborhoods have actually increased since last year despite growing economic uncertainty. All of these signs point to a strong market recovery, which means it could be the right time to buy or sell.
Did you miss out on our last blog post? If so, here are a few market stats you should know: the average sales value in Hoboken for June 2020 increased by .78% since last year, which puts it at $874,070. In Jersey City, the average sales value for June 2020 decreased by just .09% since last year, which now makes it $850,313. Communities like Weehawken, Bergen Lafayette, and Greenville also saw sales prices increase by well over 11%.
Now that you’ve seen the latest market stats, let’s take a look at our round-up of top-selling Hudson County Listings from June.
Top-Selling Condos in Hudson County for June 2020
Hoboken: 1425 Hudson Street 8A, 1425 Hudson Street
Sold for $2,475,758 on 6/16/20. ($1,153/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2,147 sq. ft.
- Amenities: 24-hour concierge, fitness center, on-site parking
- New construction from Toll Brothers City Living
- Partial New York City views
- 60 sq. ft. balcony
Downtown Jersey City: 174 Washington Street 4B, Sugar House
Sold for $1,075,000 on 6/9/2020. ($743/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,446 sq. ft.
- Amenities: 24 hour concierge, fitness center, outdoor common patio and garden
- One-car garage included
- Wide-plank oak flooring throughout
- Luxury kitchen with Viking appliance suite
Weehawken: 800 Avenue at Port Imperial Unit 512, Avora
Sold for $610,000 on 6/26/2020. ($707/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 862 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Health club, pool deck and patio, close to public transit
- New construction
- Porcelain waterfall counters
- Wood flooring throughout
Journal Square – Jersey City: 650 Montgomery Street 505, M650 Flats
Sold for $830,000 on 6/22/20. ($589/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,407 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Private rooftop deck, robotic parking garage, virtual doorman
- Floor to ceiling windows
- In-unit laundry
- Italian kitchen with Bosch appliances
West New York: 249 Brower Court, Jacobs Ferry
Sold for $910,000 on 6/15/2020. ($395/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2,300 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Two-car parking, multiple pools, waterfront promenade
- Essex-style end unit
- Designer kitchen with Cifre Spanish tile and LG appliance suite
- New Levelor custom window treatments
Bergen Lafayette – 84 Madison Avenue Unit 2
Sold for $699,000 on 6/18/2020. ($499/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,400 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Rooftop deck, smart lighting, unobstructed New York City views
- Wide-plank oak floors
- Italian kitchen with tall grey cabinets and quartz counters
- Restored brick accent walls
Union City: 647 38th Street Unit B
Sold for $400,000 on 6/30/2020. ($328/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,219 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Driveway parking, in-unit washer dryer, front balcony
- New construction with available tax abatement
- Open-concept main floor with balcony access
- Hardwood flooring throughout
North Bergen: 7855 Boulevard East 20B
Sold for $360,000 on 6/8/2020. ($311/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 1 bedroom, 1.5 bathrooms, 1,155 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Indoor garage parking, pool and sun deck, fitness center
- West-facing 19-foot-wide balcony
- Brand new appliances, counters, and cabinets
- Ample storage space
Guttenberg: 7000 Boulevard East 50F, Galaxy Towers
Sold for $565,000 on 6/12/2020. ($264/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 2,137 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Fitness center, multiple pools, 24/7 concierge
- Private terrace
- Parquet floor with walnut border
- Master suite with custom closet and dressing room
Jersey City Heights: 250 Ogden Avenue Unit 1
Sold for $880,000 on 6/30/2020. ($547/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1,607 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Private garage, bonus room, spacious yard
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Gourmet kitchen with Bosch appliances and Carrera marble counters
- Close to the Light Rail and Palisade/Central Avenue
Greenville – Jersey City: 28 Halfmoon Isle TH28
Sold for $900,000 on 6/18/2020. ($300/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 3,000 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Private boat slip, garage parking, Port Liberte amenities
- Brazilian cherry flooring
- Multiple balconies and outdoor areas
- Bonus finished loft space
West Bergen – Jersey City: 78 Lyon Court
Sold for $599,000 on 6/27/2020. ($279/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2,146 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Multi-car parking, outdoor pool, on-site gym
- Modern chef’s kitchen with GE Monogram appliances and custom bar
- Large master suite with walk-in closet and ensuite bathroom
- Hardwood floors throughout
Bayonne: 63-65 West 1st Street Unit 301
Sold for $345,000 on 6/16/2020. ($287/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,200 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Covered parking, 400 sq. ft. balcony
- Kill Van Kull views
- New carpet and oak floors with dark wood inlays
- Close to the Light Rail
Secaucus: 1525 Harmon Cove Towers
Sold for $387,500 on 6/1/2020. ($266/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,453 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Pool, tennis courts, fitness center
- Rooftop garden and wraparound terrace
- Eat-in kitchen with new stainless steel appliances
- Plenty of natural light
Edgewater: 23 Myrtle Avenue Unit B
Sold for $1,180,000 on 6/26/2020. ($368/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 half bathrooms, 3,200 sq. ft.
- Amenities: 3 decks, bonus entertainment room
- New construction
- Open-concept floorplan
- Custom kitchen with induction cooktop
Data Source: Hudson County Multiple Listing Service
Ready to Make Your Move?
Whether you’re looking to diversify your investment portfolio or just find a new place to call home, you can’t go wrong by making a move to Hudson County. Our condo market has continued to thrive through adversity, and we can expect to keep seeing gains throughout this summer.
Eager to take your next steps and get your condo on the market? The Living on the Hudson Team can provide personalized selling selling advice, the latest sales data for Hudson County listings throughout the area, and a comprehensive market analysis to help you keep up with the latest real estate trends. We’re always available to answer your questions, too—just contact us via phone, text, or email.
Want to see your condo on our next round up of the top-selling Hudson County listings? You can list your home in just a few clicks or get in touch with a member of our team to get started!