May was another exciting month for the Hudson County housing market. As New Jersey continues to reopen, we’re seeing some exciting gains—however, the ongoing global health crisis and economic downturn still had lasting effects on both buyers and sellers last month.
If you want to keep up with the top-selling condos in Hudson County, our team offers comprehensive monthly updates so you can always stay in the loop. And for more detailed information, you can always consult our comprehensive buying and selling guides.
Did you miss out on our last blog post? If so, here are a few market stats you should know: the average sales value in Hoboken for May 2020 decreased by just 1.2% since last year, which puts it at $861,531. In Jersey City, the average sales value for May 2020 increased by .22% since last year, which now makes it $852,569. Communities like Weehawken, Bergen Lafayette, and Greenville even saw sales prices increase by well over 10%, which is fantastic news for sellers who want to make a move!
Now that you’ve seen the latest market stats, check out our list of Hudson County’s top-selling condos for May.
Top-Selling Condos in Hudson County for May 2020
Hoboken: 1037 Clinton Street Unit 1
Sold for $1,705,000 on 5/26/20. ($826/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2,063 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Full size washer and dryer, storage room, private yard
- Designer kitchen with quartz counters and Wolf/SubZero appliances
- Marvin grade windows
- Pre-wired for electronic shades and speaker system
Downtown Jersey City: 231 1st Street Unit 1B
Sold for $1,350,000 on 5/6/2020. ($906/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,490 sq. ft.
- Amenities: One garage parking space, rooftop deck, pet-friendly common yard
- Open concept kitchen with Calcutta gold marble and Decora cabinets
- Hotel-like master suite with walk-in closet and shower.
- Towering 10 foot ceilings
Weehawken: 800 Avenue at Port Imperial Unit 418, Avora
Sold for $1,450,000 on 5/12/2020. ($948/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 1,529 sq. ft.
- Amenities: One parking space, outdoor plaza with pool and sundeck, cardio fitness center
- Spectacular New York City views
- Upscale interior finishes
- Private balconies and terraces
Journal Square – Jersey City: 435 Wayne Street Unit 1
Sold for $419,000 on 5/8/20. ($176/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2,380 sq. ft.
- Amenities: In-unit washer and dryer, close to Journal Square PATH and Downtown Jersey City
- Newly renovated
- Tons of natural light
- Hardwood floors throughout
West New York: 9 Avenue at Port Imperial Unit 815, 9 on the Hudson
Sold for $1,190,000 on 5/11/2020. ($853/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,395 sq. ft.
- Amenities: 24-hour concierge, 6,000 sq. ft. fitness center, community patio
- Available 20 year tax abatement
- Gourmet kitchen with Aspen quartz counters and Italian Pedini cabinets
- Oversized 65 sq. ft. balcony
Bergen Lafayette – 300 Communipaw Avenue Unit 206
Sold for $425,000 on 5/8/2020. ($503/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 844 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Fully-equipped fitness center, one deeded parking spot, common patio area with grills and a garden
- Gorgeous kitchen with granite counters and custom cabinets
- Wide-plank oak flooring throughout
- Loft-style floorplan
Union City: 3312 Hudson Avenue Unit 4C
Sold for $595,000 on 5/18/2020. ($430/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,383 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Dog run, 24/7 concierge-attended lobby, health club
- Two private terraces
- Ample storage and closets
- Stunning kitchen with mosaic backsplash and granite counters
North Bergen: 8100 River Road Unit 819, The Watermark
Sold for $1,050,000 on 5/15/2020. ($572/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1,834 sq. ft.
- Amenities: 24-hour concierge, valet, golf simulator
- Potential third bedroom
- Custom gourmet kitchen
- Panoramic New York City views
Jersey City Heights: 18 Cambridge Avenue
Sold for $875,000 on 5/20/2020. ($318/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2,750 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Smart home features, private stoop off the master suite, full security system with cameras
- Grey herringbone wood tile throughout the main floor
- Chef-inspired kitchen with Fabuwood Nexus cabinets
- Spa-inspired bathrooms with Kohler fixtures
Greenville – Jersey City: 109 Shearwater Court Unit 11
Sold for $700,000 on 5/19/2020. ($297/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2,350 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Available boat slips, private balcony, access to Port Liberte facilities
- Wood plank floors throughout
- Luxurious master suite with patio access
- Close to Pier 5 Ferry and Grove Street PATH
West Bergen – Jersey City: 36 Willow Street
Sold for $405,000 on 5/27/2020. ($260/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 3 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, 1,554 sq. ft.
- Amenities: One assigned parking spot, community pool, tennis courts
- Eat-in kitchen with patio access
- Master suite with large walk-in closet
- Expansive outdoor patio
Bayonne: 57 Boatworks Drive
Sold for $415,000 on 5/6/2020. ($230/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1,800 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Two car driveway, terrace, patio
- Bryant-style unit
- Motorized Hunter-Douglas blinds
- Ground level family room with bay access
Secaucus: 26 Raydol Avenue Unit B
Sold for $737,000 on 5/22/2020.
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms: 4 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms
- Amenities: Plenty of acreage, driveway and street parking
- New construction
- Large kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite island
- Bonus recreation room
Edgewater: 16 Oakdene Terrace Unit A
Sold for $1,450,000 on 5/15/2020. ($322/sq.ft.)
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Square Footage: 5 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, 4,500 sq. ft.
- Amenities: Sauna, private elevator, oversized two car garage
- Four stories of living space
- Sleek modern design
- Rooftop terrace with New York City views
Data Source: Hudson County Multiple Listing Service
Ready to Make Your Move?
Despite the ongoing pandemic, investing in Hudson County real estate remains a sound financial decision. And if you’re thinking about buying or selling soon, our agents are here to help you through every step of the process.
The Living on the Hudson Team’s dedicated experts can provide personalized selling selling advice, the latest sales data for condos throughout the area, and a comprehensive market analysis that will help you uncover your condo’s true value. We’re always available to answer your questions, too—just contact us via phone, text, or email.
Want to see your condo on our next round up of the area’s top-selling condos? You can list your home in just a few clicks or get in touch with a member of our team to get started!