I recently visited the Garden Street Lofts in Hoboken with one of my Hoboken condos buyers. I had not been to the building since it was under construction and was intrigued to see the final completed units. While it is not on the same size and scale as Maxwell Place or the Hudson Tea Building, the intimacy and quality of construction of the Garden Street Lofts left me very impressed. The Garden Street Lofts is Hoboken’s only LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) Certified Green Building.
What Makes the Garden Street Lofts a Certified Green Building
The Garden Street Lofts have implemented several features that make it a Green Building. They include:
- The reuse of existing building materials from the original structure.
- Low Flow plumbing fixtures that reduce potable water consumption by 23%
- Low-E insulating windows that reduce the amount of heating & cooling needed in each condo
- Green Roof featuring plant life that consumes storm water & reduces the heat that a traditional building roof absorbs. This allows for the upper floor condos to be cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. The result is less energy consumption.
- Highly Efficient HVAC systems in each unit that allow for fresh filtered air.
- The building is very close to alternative modes of transportation.
The Garden Street Lofts Residences
What was once a coconut processing warehouse, the Garden Street Lofts have been redesigned into 30 condo residences including six 2 & 3 bedroom penthouses with private terraces.
- 1 Bedroom units range between 1,041 to 1,141 sq.ft.
- 2 Bedroom units range between 1,487 to 2,042 sq.ft.
- 3 Bedroom units range between 1,002 to 2,354 sq.ft.
The Garden Street Lofts Kitchens & Bathrooms
Kitchen features at the Garden Street Lofts include:
- Valcucine Italian Kitchen Cabinets
- Wolf & Viking 4-6 burner ranges, depending on the condo
- Max Fire Vented range hoods
- Subzero refrigerators
- GE & Haier Microwaves, depending 0n the condo
- Matte Ebony glass counters
- Miele Integrated dishwashers
Bathroom Features at the Garden Street Lofts
- Zeptune Zen whirlpool tub
- Kohler eco-friend shower heads
- Duravit vanity
- Glass wall tile
- Refin ceramiche floor tile
Interior Finishes at the Garden Street Lofts
- Walls feature organic paints
- Bamboo hardwood flooring throughout
- Low E insulated windows
- Private terraces in certain units
Common Amenities at the Garden Street Lofts
- Concierge in Lobby
- Private basement storage
- Bicycle room
- Common Resident’s Roof deck on Green Roof
****To see all of the available condos at the Garden Street Lofts, click “Search by MLS #/Address” and then enter address “1425 Garden“.
If you have any further questions about the Garden Street Lofts, feel free to leave a comment or contact me, Walter Burns.
For all of the latest Hoboken real estate news and information, follow Hoboken Real Estate on Facebook.