Over the years I have had several Hoboken buyers who came to me saying that they require a quiet condo to live in. While the location mattered, they were also concerned about the type of construction. In the Hoboken and Jersey City area, we have 2 main types of construction; steel & concrete and frame construction. Many of the older construction properties (4-8 unit brownstone/row homes) which were originally built 70 to 100 years ago are more than likely frame buildings. These buildings tend to have limited sound isolation between the floors. In recent years new technologies have allowed the placement of a sound blanket or sound foam under the hardwood floors to lessen the noise in frame buildings.
For Hoboken buyers who are concerned about noise between the floors, a steel and concrete building may be your best option. These buildings typically have 8 inches of concrete and reinforced steel between the floors. Unless your neighbor is dropping bowling balls all night, the noise should be greatly reduced.
List of Steel & Concrete Hoboken Condo Buildings
Below is a list of the main Hoboken condo buildings which are constructed from steel and concrete. There may be some small buildings that I am missing, however these are the major Hoboken condo buildings that have been built over the past 20 years.
- Maxwell Place on the Hudson: 1025 & 1125 Maxwell Lane, Studio, 1, 2, and 3 bedroom waterfront condos.
- Harborside Lofts: 1500 Garden St., 1, 1+ den, 2, & 3 bedroom waterfront condos.
- Garden Street Lofts: 1425 Garden St. 1, 2, & 3 bedroom “Green Certified” loft condos.
- Hudson Tea Building: 1500 Washington St. & 1500 Hudson St., Studio, 1, 2, &, 3 bedroom waterfront condos.
- 2 Constitution Court: 1, 2, & 3 bedroom waterfront condos in the Shipyard complex.
- The Residences at the W Hotel in Hoboken: 225 River St., 1, 2, & 3 bedroom condo-hotel units on the waterfront
- Jefferson Trust: 300 Newark St., 1 & 2 bedroom condos within walking distance to the Hoboken PATH station.
- Observer Plaza: 415 Newark St., 2 bedroom, 2 bath condos with parking and New York City views.
- The Skyline: 551 Observer Highway, Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom condos with parking and views of New York City.
- The Hoboken Grande: 610 Newark St., 1 and 2 bedroom condos with parking and views of New York City.
- The Skyclub: 700 1st St., Studio, 1, 2, & 3 bedroom condos with parking and views of New York City.
- Metrostop: 800 Jackson St., 1 & 2 bedroom condos with parking and access to 9th St. light rail station.
- 700 Grove: ***Jersey City condo building on the Hoboken boarder. Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom condos with parking & views of New York City. Very popular building with Hoboken condo buyers.
- Zephyr Lofts: 689 Luis Marin Blvd, ***Jersey City condo building on the Hoboken boarder. Studio, 1, 2, 3, and 4 bedroom condos with views of New York City. Very popular building with Hoboken condo buyers.