Over the past 15 years, in what seems like overnight, Hoboken has reinvented itself as one of the fastest growing New York City metro area communities. People are buying homes here and why wouldn’t they?
A Hoboken Retrospective
I remember visiting in 1994 and my parents were saying “Hoboken is the next big thing.” Driving into Hoboken you first noticed the giant Lipton Tea Factory, which is now the Hudson Tea Building condos. If you took a drive down Hudson St., you saw the Maxwell Coffee Factory, which has since been demolished and is now Maxwell Place on the Hudson. Each year more and more transformation is taking place in Hoboken.
Fast Forward to the Hoboken of Today
With over 1,000 condos built since 2005, more and more families, couples, and singles are crossing the Hudson to the New Jersey side to find more space and value. Hoboken buyers are moving into the 1, 2, and 3 bedroom waterfront condos to find million dollar New York City views with luxurious amenities. The recently opened W Hotel Hoboken boasts a swanky VIP vibe with celebrity sightings. Not your scene? The Hoboken Bar & Grill on 3rd and Washington St. offers the Sunday game with all your favorites on tap. Other unique dining spots can suit any mood, along with endless boutiques to shops, gyms, spas, and a posh Riverfront Park. Hoboken is the it-spot west of the Hudson River. Here are just 5 of the reasons why Hoboken is the place to live in 2009.
- The Views: The proximity to New York City make the mile square city a goldmine for Hoboken home buyers. Breathtaking panoramic views offer thousands of residents the luxury of City living at its finest.
- The Scene: With the largest density of bars & restaurants per square mile in the United States, Hoboken wins hands down when it comes to entertaining guests. From high end sushi spots like the popular Teak to beer-slinging, rock n’ roll playing bars like the Green Rock, it’s all within a 15 minute walk. And you can’t miss the summer nights on the rooftop bar at City Bistro.
- The Spas: It is said that Frank Sinatra liked a massage before a show. Well his hometown offers several places to get one. Spa H at Club H Fitness offers customers a relaxing, serene environment. And who can turn down the Blissage 75 at the new Bliss Spa in the W Hotel Hoboken.
- The Hoboken Real Estate Market: Despite the decline in real estate & what the media is reporting, Hoboken is the strongest market in Hudson County. In the past 30 days, 42 Hoboken properties have sold.
- Sunday Funday: Or any day for that matter. Whether it is football season or a summer brunch with friends outside on Washington St., small town meets the big city and you are guaranteed to have a great time.